Back in 1991 Crud Products founder Pete Tompkins had a new mountain bike but wanted a front mudguard for it that didn't get clogged with mud. The rest is history!
Unable to find anything on the market, and inspired by other riders who were cutting up old squash bottles and attaching them to their downtubes, he set about making a proper solution to mud protection. The result was the Crud Catcher front mudguard which is still available (albeit updated) today.
In 1994 Crud developed the Raceguard Rear mudguard. Previously they had introduced the DCD and Cog Hog, but mudguards stay close to Crud's roots. Today the brand only produces a range of mudguards which are as popular as ever, confirmed by the number that you see attached to bikes out on the trail.
- Crud XL Front FenderRRP: £29.50
- Crud RacePac Mudguard Set BlackRRP: £21.00
- Crud 29ER XLR Rear Fender BlackRRP: £19.99
- M/Guard Rr Crud Race Short Blade ClrRRP: £11.99
- Crud Race Guard Mudguard BlackRRP: £15.00
- Crud Crud Catcher Mudguard BlackRRP: £11.00
- Crud Race Pac Mudguards 26" WhiteRRP: £21.00
- Crud Twinpac Mudguards BlackRRP: £21.00
- Crud Twinpac Mudguards WhiteRRP: £21.00
- Crud Road Racer Mk3 Mudguards 700c BlackRRP: £39.99